Wibaux County Nursing Home provides an active physical and occupational therapy program for those requiring rehabilitative care. In the event that speech therapy or other specialized services are required, we can assist in arranging and transporting residents to these services.
Our experienced rehabilitation team is committed to providing outstanding results and excellent quality of care. Residents are empowered through individualized programs to reach goals of increased independence and ability. Resident families are also encouraged to participate in therapy sessions, caregiver education, and training.
Our physical therapy team works toward specific goals of achieving the resident’s highest functional level of independence. Physical therapy focuses on the identification and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain, as well as future injury prevention. Following evaluation, our experienced physical therapists develop an individualized treatment program. The goal is to achieve safety in a variety of areas.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Increase strength and mobility in the body and lower extremities
- Increase motor control for a resident who has suffered a stroke
- Improve coordination, balance and the ability to walk following a fracture
- Improve overall strength conditioning, the range of motion and endurance
- Pain management
- Teaching proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Promoting safety awareness for the well being of the resident
Our professional occupational therapists use task-directed activities in the treatment of our residents whose functional abilities, daily activities and independence have been impaired by illness, injury or aging.
Occupational therapy assists our residents in adapting to their social and physical environment by mastering tasks essential for daily living. Our occupational therapists may work with residents who have debilitating arthritic conditions or those with difficulty bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living. They assist residents with impaired vision and/or hearing to function well in their environment.
Areas of treatment may include:
- Functional independence: eating, bathing, toileting, homemaking, cooking, etc.
- Maintenance of wellness: dressing and grooming
- Prevention of further disability: home assessments and modifications, adaptive equipment
- Increasing safety awareness
Wibaux County Nursing Home
712 Wibaux Street South
Wibaux, MT 59353tel: 406-796-2429